View all jobs
Network AdministratorLinthicum, MD · Information Technology
SCD Information Technology is seeking a Network Administrator to join our team located in Linthicum, MD
*TS/SCI with CURRENT POLYGRAPH IS A MUST*
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including systems and applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and other network/system problems.
- Replace faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintain, configure, and monitor virus protection and patching.
- Design, configure and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software in a Windows environment.
- Vulnerability scanning, system hardening, monthly patches, controls, plugins knowledge.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure protocols and network hardware.
- Ability to configure firewalls, implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- Knowledge of wireless access points, routers, switches, controllers, LAN, and WAN experience.
- TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLY.
- Security+ (Sec+) certification.
- At least 2 years of IT experience.
- Experience with Aruba, Cisco, Palo Alto, Intermapper applications/licenses a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deliverables on time, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with members of the team and the customer staff.
- Works independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- A self-starter able to continuously look to improve methods and procedures.
- Ability to work smarter (i.e., script repetitive duties, run jobs in off hours).
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- Work may require handling of network devices weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Net+ and CCNA a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- An established, family-owned and operated company that cares about your continued career growth and happiness.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Work/life balance.
- 100% company-paid Health, Dental and Vision insurance for you and qualifying dependents.
- 100% company-paid group life insurance ($50,000).
- 100% company-paid short-term disability.
- 100% company paid long-term disability.
- HSA (Health Savings Account)- Company contributes $500 annually to your account.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with an annual discretionary company match.
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Leave
- Education and Tuition reimbursement – up to $5,000 per year.