SCD Information Technology is looking for a Mid-Level Structured Cable Technician to join its team.
Here at SCD IT we provide innovative and superior structured cabling and information technology solutions to business professionals and government agencies nationwide CONUS/OCONUS. SCDIT is proud to be a Maryland State Certified (MDOT), Baltimore City (MWBOO) MBE / DBE / WBE Company.
· The Technician will be directly responsible for the professional installation, training, demonstration, and servicing of the Low Voltage Structured work.
· Technical knowledge and certification are required in the areas of voice, data, structured cabling, fiber optics video distribution.
· The individual is responsible for building customer relationships and representing SCDIT with integrity.
WHAT THE RIGHT PERSON WILL ENJOY:
- Minimum of 3-4+ years’ experience with low voltage voice, data, and video cabling (installing, terminating, etc.).
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry including CAT 5, CAT 6, and fiber optics.
- Ability to lead a team and projects.
- The ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment, which requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Industry-related certifications are desired (BICSI, OSHA 10, or OSHA 30)
- An established, family-owned, and operated company that cares about your continued career growth and happiness.
- Opportunities for advancement
- Work/life balance
- 100% company-paid Health, Dental and Vision insurance for you and qualifying dependents
- 100% company-paid group life insurance ($50,000)
- 100% company-paid short-term disability
- 100% of the company paid for long-term disability.
- HSA (Health Savings Account)- Company contributes $500 annually to your account.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with an annual discretionary company match
- Paid Leave- Over 5 weeks annually including PTO and holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement – up to $5,000 per year
- Legal services and identity protection fraud services through Legal Shield
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.'
Job Type: Full-time